Hi and welcome!
The focus of our research is the evolution of protein function and structure. We’re interested in how evolutionary analyses can be combined with experimental research to reconstruct functional evolution of proteins, and to generate testable hypotheses about unknown aspects of protein function.
Ongoing projects in the group:
- Evolution and function of ABCF translation and antibiotic resistance factors in eukaryotes and bacteria
- Functional diversity of small alarmone (ppGpp) synthetases in bacteria and bacteriophages
- Analysis of ribosome profiling data to elucidate the in vivo role of yeast translation factors
- Prediction and verification of novel toxin-antitoxin systems
- Development of bioinformatics tools for comparative evolutionary sequence analysis
I also have a long-term interest in GTPase translation factors across the tree of life: